FRINGEY STREAMERS DIY
I was making party decorations for Roman’s party and ended up sort of inventing these little streamers. They might be my favorite thing ever right now–they are just so fringey and frilly! Plus they are a cinch to make. Here is how to do it.
Crepe Paper in sheets (not tissue paper, crepe paper has a stretch to it.)
Step 1: Cut off about a 2″-3″ section of crepe paper.
Step 2: Start on one side and cut fringe evenly spaced. Leave some space in the center.
Step 3. Turn it over and cut fringe on the other side, still not cutting too far into the center.
Step 4: Muss up the fringe on each side, separate the layers and scrunch it with your fingers.
Step 5. Et voila! Unroll and hang your fringey streamers and celebrate!
Check out a sneak peek of our engagement pictures that were taken last weekend in Shingle Springs, CA. Feel free to check out our photographers blog and leave some comments for us to read. Click on the link below 🙂
Soft Pink is the New black 🙂
Find some bottles and spruce them up by filling the bottle with water up to its neck and pop a flower(s) in that strikes your fancy!
Found this yummy treat on on Greylikesnesting.com
Enjoy and let me know if you like this recipe 🙂
White Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
· 2 cups all-purpose flour
· 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
· 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
· 1 Tbsp. baking powder
· 1/4 tsp. salt
· 4 Tbsp. cold butter, cut into chunks
· 1 large egg
· 2/3 cup half and half or heavy cream
· 1 quart fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
· 1/4 cup powdered sugar
For the whipped cream:
· 3/4 cup heavy cream, well chilled
· 2 Tbs. sugar
· 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, mix flour, white chocolate chips, sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. With a pastry blender or two forks, cut in butter until crumbly.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and cream.
5. Pour cream mixture into the flour mixture, and mix with a fork until the dough just comes together. It will be sticky.
6. Grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
7. Spoon dough onto prepared cookie sheet. Flatten with your fingers to about 3/4-inch thick.
8. Bake 12-15 minutes.
9. Meanwhile, stir together strawberries and powdered sugar.
10. To make the whipped cream, in a deep bowl, combine the cream, sugar and vanilla.
11. Using an electric mixer, beat on medium-high speed until soft peaks form and the cream is billowy, about 2 minutes.
12. Cover the bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve or for up to 2 hours.
13. To make shortcakes, place on biscuit, flat side up on a plate. Top with strawberries and whipped cream.